Political and Administrative Structure
Lyantonde District comprises of the following Local Governments and Administrative units.
|COUNTY||SCU COUNTY||TOWN COUNCIL||PARISH/WARD||VILLAGES/ZONES|
The Policy Making Organ
Lyantonde District Council the supreme organ, headed by the LCV Chairman, is supported by an Executive committee of 3 members and 5 policy/sectoral Committees. They deliberate policy matters and make recommendations to the full Council of 24 Councilors ( female and male).
The Sectoral Committees include:
- Finance, Administration, Investment, Information and General Purpose
- Community Development (Gender, Labour, Youth, Children, Elderly and Disabled)
- Education, Sports, Health, Sanitation and Security.
- Production (Agriculture, Veterinary, Fisheries, Forestry, Environment, Marketing and Industry
- Works, Water, Land, Urban and Regional Planning.
Statutory Bodies There are also statutory bodies, which are mandated by law to carry out specific roles and responsibilities to ensure effective and efficient service delivery. These include:
- District Contracts Committee
- District Public Accounts Committee
- District Service Commission
- District Land Board
A Contracts Committee comprising of appointed Technical Officers replaced the District Tender Board according to the Local Governments Amendment Act 2006.
Office of the Resident District Commissioner
It represents the President in the District and ensures that both national and local priorities are given due consideration and are implemented in an accountable manner.
Lower Local Governments
The Municipality, Municipal Council, Sub counties, Parishes/Wards and villages/Cells have councils and executive committees, which coordinate the various functions.